Friday, June 28, 2013

Let the Rambling Begin

I guess I should start with a little bit about myself.  I am a 25 year old college graduate working as a bartender in Reno, Nevada.  I graduated with a bachelors degree in History with a minor in Museum Studies from the University of Nevada Reno and decided to stay. The Reno/Tahoe area and West coast in general have been my home for my entire life and constantly present new and amazing experiences, adventures and landscapes.  Reno offers up the perfect concoction of outdoor activities anyone can ask for.  As an avid mountain biker, snowboarder and doer of any and all activities the mountainous high desert has mad an everlasting impression on me (and I have yet to scratch the surface).

I'm not entirely sure why I started this blog.  I guess from all the years of going on adventures, they're starting to blend together. They are becoming one, which, in the end that is what they will be and what I hope they will become: a culmination of memories that will add up to one epic adventure.  However, as time stacks up I don't want to risk losing any of those memories.  Hopefully, this will be a way to recall all the good times I've had and maybe inspire new adventures in the future.  Retrospective and prospective.

Also, I wanted to dedicate a space to a sport that I love being a part of.  A place where the weight of your bike doesn't matter. A place where the only seconds you need to be worried about shaving are off of the time you chug a tall boy of PBR and blast down your favorite trail.  It doesn't matter if you ride a klunker or if you're sponsored and ride next year's rig.  The only thing that matters is how much fun you are having. Everyone has a different perception of the perfect ride and that is what makes mountain biking the best sport in the world. Whether you are spandexed up or doing hot laps with the homies on a local shuttle trail the only thing that you need to concerned with is what makes YOU happy. With that being said, I guess that is why I really wanted to start this blog.  I want to document, talk about, philosophize, get stoked on, dream about, tell stories and experience this think we call mountain biking. 

I am new to this, so bare with me.  Get outside and have some fun. 

Cheers, 
Brian Mandio

2 comments: